Pages

Monday, March 01, 2021

A Brown Creeper...Creeping

It is not often that I am able to photograph small birds. They are usually much too quick for me to find, focus, and snap to get a decent image. I was lucky this day to find a brown creeper on the side of nearby tree out foraging for food.

He's a handsome, if nondescript, little bird. Searching through the epiphytes in his vertical garden, he methodically works his way up the tree.

When he find a crawly morsel, he snaps it up and it is quickly down the hatch.

The coloration of this little guy fits well with his environment (no surprise) and he does not appear to be concerned about predators (although, who knows what happens in a bird's brain?).

Since the creeper is only headed one way on the tree and I'm only on one side of it, all the photos look pretty much the same. But I was having such fun following him along and taking pictures, that I couldn't stop. So, here's another one.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We enjoy hearing from our readers.