Pages

Wednesday, September 30, 2020

A Quick Look Along 1st Street

I haven't been on 1st street, Snohomish to photograph in a while. I do traverse a good bit of it on my morning run everyday, but seeing it in the dark (yes, I start early) doesn't really tell me much about what is happening there.

On the way, I frequently pass a set of four, small identical houses on C avenue just before crossing 2nd street. It really is a "if you seen one, you've seen them all" kind of situation. So, there's one of them above.

The big change downtown is the addition of tents over the restaurant outdoor seating. That'd be great except the tents have the clear plastic sides on three sides and seems to largely defeat the purpose of outdoor seating. Yes, the tables are farther apart than usual (but closer than I'm comfortable with), but the circulation of the outdoor air is really cut back. I didn't eat at any of them with it was really outside and I'm certainly not going to now.

But those of you who follow this blog know that I enjoy photographing the itesm in the many store windows and displays inside to capture something akin to a retail still life. This bird cage and lamp in front of a store were interesting.

Another store had a collection of oil bottles sitting the front window.

In the only store that I actually entered, I found a folding typewriter. It was so small and cute.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We enjoy hearing from our readers.