Pages

Monday, September 28, 2020

Flowers and the Required Spider

Since you really cannot walk outside the house now without getting tangled in a spider's web at some point, I bring you today's required spider. this one is actually busy adding to the web in hopes of eating soon.

The cooler weather has slowed the remaining bees allowing me to catch one in pretty good focus. On the GFX 50R that Used for these images, I normally use the 100-100mm lens _ extension tube for close-ups since this give me a longer distance between the front of the lens and the object. today I was using the 32-64mm and had the lens right in this fellow's face and didn't seem to mind. A clear sign that the bee season is all but over.

When it took this image of the white flower below, the near petals were touching the front of the lens. I was able to get a nice soft view of the petals fore and aft while keeping the central portion in good focus.

Cartoonists often draw a horn being played with lines streaming and curling out the bell of the horn. That is what this lily reminds me of with its sexy bits stuck out for all the world to see.

This ambitious plant is putting out a new bud straight out from a stalk that appears to produce leaves in a five-fold symmetry. I think this is an illusion from the soft focus behind the flower and the luck of draw with leaf positions. In any case, it make a nice image. The opening flower puts me in the mind of a mini-Audrey about to pounce on a person, mouth agape.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We enjoy hearing from our readers.