Pages

Thursday, June 04, 2020

Macro Photo Walkabout - 2


The curves of flowers are very compelling. This blue one has a symmetry that adds to this sensuousness and makes an image that I like.



These grass blades in monochrome really highlight the texture of the plant in contrast to the sharp borders of the water drops and their reflectivity.


I especially like this next one. I know I keep telling you that I like all these, but it is true, I do. Back in the dark ages I had a dedicated macro lens for my Nikon that carried all over Australia and used very little. I just wasn't into this sort of photography then. But here, with this smaller camera, small lens, and couple short extension tubes, I can get images that are as good or better than anything I got with the large, heavy lens (on a larger and heavier camera). I'm happy with these results. I can also stick the extension tubes in a pocket when we travel so I can nearly always stop for a few close-up images to add to the portfolio.


I keep coming back to our (other) neighbor's dogwood tree because I'm drawn to the simple lines of the blossoms. I hope you enjoy them as well.


No comments:

Post a Comment

We enjoy hearing from our readers.