Pages

Friday, June 05, 2020

A Couple Buildings Near Us


I went out for a ride today with the express intent of photographing the mountains. But, alas, it was too cloudy/foggy to see anything.

I next went to Lord Hill Park to see what there was but the parking lot was really full of cars and I decided that I wasn't up to risking infection for a few images.



So I rode about for a while and came up with these two images. Not great, but at least a little interesting.

This building is kind of curious. There is a light on by the door on the second story, a satellite dish on the side and a TV antenna on top. This suggests that it may be inhabited. Certainly doesn't look like a place I'd like to live, but everyone has to live somewhere. Given a choice between here and in a field or on the streets, I'd pick this place everyday.

The old barn above seems to be more of a store house for old, disused items. The roof of the main part is in good shape but the rest is pretty worn. The small extension to the right is in very sad shape.


Perhaps I can find a way to photograph barns near by on day. But we're getting more rain (!) and It may take a couple days to get back out for a search sans falling water.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We enjoy hearing from our readers.