Pages

Sunday, June 28, 2020

A Different Look at Some Favorites


In an effort to bring a little interest to what is, by now, an old subject, I tried something a bit different. I put my extension tubes on my 100-400mm lens to see what I could see. What I get is, of course, a smaller magnification and a longer working distance. The combination of these mean that you see more than just the small details and a few new flowers that were farther away in someone front yard.



I keep bringing you images of the St. John's Wort because it is so darned interesting. Also, this is a good example of what is different with this lens for macro photography. By standing farther away, I can choose the aperture to get the flower in focus and the background very out of focus. this brings a different look to the image and really isolates the flower of interest.


This one looks like something you'd see in a magazine with that green background completely blurred out.


Even when you shoot a small detail, the background remains more abstract in many shots.


No comments:

Post a Comment

We enjoy hearing from our readers.