Pages

Wednesday, June 03, 2020

Macro Photo Walkabout - 1


I decided, based on the initial trials you saw yesterday, to back off the magnification a bit. For the images you will see today and tomorrow, the magnification if 0.6. Still plenty I think with the advantage that there is a bit more depth of field.



This seems to be a much better choice. I am not right on top of the object and can actually find a way to focus in less than 10 minutes.


While the depth of field is still noticeably limited, it is better and makes some nice images. Perhaps one day soon I'll try some focus stacking again with this camera/lens combination and see if we can get something interesting.


This next image is kinda fun...it is a multiple self-portrait. If you look at the reflections in the water drops, you'll see my reflection where my hat is clearly visible. I like the vein detail in the purple-y leaf, too.


Here's a view of a violet that we not so used to. Only had to go as far as the neighbor's front yard to find this.


No comments:

Post a Comment

We enjoy hearing from our readers.