Pages

Tuesday, June 02, 2020

A New Look at Macro Images


Up until now, all the close-up images I've presented have been done with the GFX camera using a 45 mm extension tube on the 100-200 mm lens. This get a magnification suitable for shooting flowers and such. However, for looking at smaller details at greater magnification, new toys are required.

Thus, I purchased an inexpensive pair of extension tubes for the smaller XF camera for use with the 35 mm lens I have for that camera. The images here are taken with 26 mm of extension that gets me a magnification of 0.88.



These were taken after 24 hours of some of the most consistently hard rain we've seen in Seattle for a while. As you can see the depth of field is shallow, even when you use a small aperture.


But I do love me some water drops on plants. I'll experiment some more and bring you some more interesting photo next time.


No comments:

Post a Comment

We enjoy hearing from our readers.