Pages

Friday, June 26, 2020

Trying to Find New Flowers with Mixed Success


Down the street I found some stonecrop in full bloom. It is quite tiny flower, but it is a very nice one.



I do not believe that I have included phlox in my previous postings. The color has a subtle variation between and among the blooms giveing the image some interest.


This flower/seed head on grass is not something any of us usually look at. I noticed, not that it has been allowed to get so big and tall during the shutdown, that there are purple-ish spots in the green/yellow/white flower that are interesting accents.


This poppy has a nice glow about it that I find inviting.


I found a bush with variegated leaves. A pleasing design.


FInally, this is a completely constructed image. I found the seed pod on the sidewalk and thought it might be interesting. Having no place to put it to photograph it, I held it in my hand. But having fingers in the shot seemed wrong so I found a leaf. I put the pod on the leaf and the leaf in my hand and held it front of a tree about 10-12 feet away for a bit of darkness in the background. Et voila! There you have macro image with no hands to be seen.


No comments:

Post a Comment

We enjoy hearing from our readers.