Pages

Wednesday, July 06, 2022

The Ceiling of the Church of Anthony of Padua


Always the ceiling. This is place where the details, almost invisible from the floor, abound.

The major scenes, the stories of importance are all here. Yet, with my old eyes, I can only guess at some of the more detailed parts. But I can clearly see the pipe organ in the loft. I am always hopeful that once day I will walk into a practice session of the organist and be treated to a small concert.

Back outside in the square, we find the strings of lights and the small cabins (likely the same ones used for the Christmas markets) set up for the fete. The crowd is thinner here than in the narrower streets filled with restaurants and vendors, but the sun is intense. We decided to head home and relax.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We enjoy hearing from our readers.