Pages

Friday, January 11, 2019

Last Excursion into the City





On the day before we flew to Spain, we made our last venture into the city. We intended to visit the Churchill War Rooms but the crowds were too great, so we took a stroll. This led us to the horseguards.



Since I gave you a nice color shot of the guard on the right above, I thought I'd show the left one in monochrome. If you know more than I do about livery than I do, you might be able to say what century this image is from. I can't (except that I was there).


We stopped in a pub for lunch.


And marveled at some cakes in a bakery window.


But our feet were tired and it was a long tube ride back to our hotel at Heathrow, so we hiked to the Covent Gardens Underground Station to ride the Piccadilly line back to an evening of rest and quiet before the hurly-burly of the travel day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We enjoy hearing from our readers.