Pages

Wednesday, April 12, 2023

Mt. Shasta and Important News about the Blog


We stopped for food and gas in Redding on our way north out of California toward home. We've have now passed from desert wasteland to snow covered peaks as Mt. Shasta looms in the background.

This transition also marks a couple transitions in postings here on the blog. First, this is end, finally, of our 2022 travels. Well, almost. I have some things from our Christmas in Virginia but these photos are more nostalgia than adventure and there are many fewer of them. There are also still (!) images to be processes from my trip to Nome back in June of '22. They will come in due time.

Secondly and most importantly for you, gentle reader, is that the pace of postings is going to slow. I have made a concerted effort for the past three years to post everyday as have went through this strange time with covid. In an effort to make this feel less like a daily chore and be more fun for me, I'm going to drop back to a more relaxed schedule. I hope to bring you something of at least passing interest perhaps once or twice a week.

Our pace of travel has slowed so that we can spend less and see g'kids more. This doesn't mean we will stop travelling and having adventures to share, it just means we are cutting back to a more manageable schedule. Besides, I have photographed everything within walking distance of our house at least twice. I'm quite sure you are tired of seeing the same filler repeatedly.

You will also notice that links to Twitter and Instagram have disappeared from the blog. Twitter is getting so crazy, I've moved on to Spoutible and when it is developed to a point that I can, I will copy posts there. I still have an account on Twitter at the moment but I rarely use it. Similarly with Instagram. Too many crazies in the world to deal with. I just stick with the blog I can mostly control.

So, if you have not subscribed to get an email when a new blog post drops, now is the time to do so. Since these will be less frequent, it will save you from finding that nothing has changed since your last visit, yet you won't miss anything.

Hang in there loyal followers. Change always brings uncertainty. Do no despair. I'm still here and still making photos. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

We enjoy hearing from our readers.