Pages

Monday, August 02, 2021

A Grey Fox Visits One Morning

I typically go for my morning run about 5:45 or so. The sun is up, or soon to be up, but it is not yet peeking over the higher Sierras to our east. I often see animals. Lots of Black Tailed Deer, families of California Quail, and the occasional Grey Fox. But on this morning I was greeted with a fox posing on a rock in our front yard.

Standing behind her to the left, almost out of view, is a deer demuring away from the shot. But momma fox, for indeed she is, is happy to pose for me while I take her photo.

I was no more than 10-12 feet away standing very still while she gave me her good side and then her better side.

A handsome animal. She sat for a while, then hopped down and trotted away as if this were all in a day's work. Which I suppose it is for her.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We enjoy hearing from our readers.