Pages

Saturday, March 30, 2019

Rotary Park in B&W


After I thought about the images from yesterday and bit, I realized that some of the images would work very well in B&W. So, here's my go at some monochrome versions of a few of them.



The white, fluffy clouds contrasted with the darked blue sky add some much needed drama to the sky. The conversion also accentuates the motion of the diffuse clouds in the sky and creates reflections that appear to be out of focus on the river surface. This creates a peculiar kind of foreground interest in the image.


The image of the corner in the river works better than I had first. Since most of the vegetation along the shore is still brown for the winter, lightening that and darkening the evergreens really helps draw the eye to the center of the image.


The wispy clouds high overhead and the apparently out-of-focus cloud reflections in the river add a sense of drama and motion to the scene. I think these work very well in B&W and I hope you enjoy them.


No comments:

Post a Comment

We enjoy hearing from our readers.