Pages

Wednesday, March 29, 2023

Death Valley - Zabriskie Point - III


In the image above, you can clearly see how different the nearby rocks are from the ones across the valley. This place is filled with contrasts, not just with heat and dry alternating with cold and flood, but with materials and composition.
It is said the Monet had a vision problem that led him to paint in his slightly blurry style. I had no need of a physical affliction to alter my perception of the world to see this other that lots of stones. It is carved and sculpted into forms that force my perception to see what I have not seen before.


It is often said by many photographers that photographing at midday is a mistake. Always and only go out early or late to get the best light. I found, in my usual, "I'm on vacation and will not get up too early without a compelling reason" sort of way, that even at noon, this place is very photogenic.


Not far from Zabriskie Point is Artist Drive. Along this drive are formations of many colors and it called the Artist's Palette. This is our next destination.


As we enter, the dark contrasting rocks contain, among other things, lots of iron.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We enjoy hearing from our readers.