Pages

Sunday, January 01, 2023

Gloucester Cathedral - II


The ceilings have great detail in them. I could stand and look at them all day.

Before we go any further, let me just wish everyone a Happy New Year! It was a heckuva year we just had. Here's to a better year in '23. ..... Wow, it really looks odd written that way. My Dad would have been 104 this year. One day, there will be someone say such a thing about me.

All the best to all my followers. Take care and stick with me. More photos from England to come and then there are plenty to see from New Mexico, Arizona, and California. Do forget that there are still photos from Alaska to process and post. Always something. Poo tee weet.

Now back to gaping at those ceilings...  

But were I to do so, I would miss the spectacle that is the cloister hallways.


These are simply gobsmacking (as the British would say). At the risk of boring you, here are some images that display such detail and design as to leave me speechless.


Everywhere are the ceiling fans illuminated by stained glass windows.


Wikipedia tells us that this place is well known to many who attend the movies...
The cathedral has been used as a filming location for movies and for TV including: the firstsecond and sixth Harry Potter movies;[91] the Doctor Who episodes The Next Doctor[92][93] and the Fugitive of the Judoon;[94] The Hollow Crown;[95] Wolf Hall;[96] the Sherlock special The Abominable Bride;[97][98] Mary Queen of Scots;[99] and all three of The Cousins' War adaptations – The White Queen,[100] The White Princess[101] and The Spanish Princess.[102]
This corner might provide an especially recognizable sight.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We enjoy hearing from our readers.