Pages

Thursday, February 16, 2023

Santuario de Chimayo

The small village of Chamayo is known for two things: their chilli and the Santuario de Chimayo. Although we are here in the off season (God doesn't close shop but the locals do), you can still tell that the religious tourists also spend money on chilli as well.

The great things about visiting here in late October is that there are not very many people and the fall colors are amazing.

Behind the Santuario is a small field and a stand of trees that I think I could come to photograph in any season. I realize that this image is not very compelling, but the scene somehow draws me in every time I come here.

Taking advantage of the colors, I can make a very nice monochrome image of the hill behind the church and give you a better sense of what it feels like to be here.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We enjoy hearing from our readers.