Pages

Saturday, May 04, 2019

Bob Heirman Wildlife Park at Thomas' Eddy


I found a new park to check out. It is the Bob Heirman Wildlife Park at Thomas' Eddy (like there are more Bob Heirman Wildlife Parks about). Since it is a sunny day with no clouds, it is a good test of what can be done with no clouds to make it (more) interesting.

Along the way to the park, I found this peaceful bucolic scene.



When I got to the park, all seemed pretty quite, but walking and looking, I found an immature eagle sitting in a tree top and I stopped for a while to check him out.


THere was some feather ruffling and adjusting.


But mostly what I got was lots of sitting and thinking. Kind of like what I did on the other end of the camera.


Down by the Snohomish River, we have a few scenes of interest.


It was had to get right down to the shore and I could never tell if it was really worth the effort. Since a bit part of the problem was vast amount of blackberry briars, I choose to forego lots of scratches and get what I could without risking life and limb. This shot between the tree trunks is mildly interesting.



But I found a fallen tree on one of the paths that I quite liked. The detail and structure are, I think, nice.


On the way back, I found a roadside pond with its very own Great Blue Heron fishing for a bite of lunch.


Pickings were slim. I never saw him get anything to eat. Just lots of posing and staring.


No comments:

Post a Comment

We enjoy hearing from our readers.