Pages

Friday, May 24, 2019

Grand Coulee Dam


Driving onward from Steamboat Rock State Park, I passed through Electric City and to the Grand Coulee Dam in the city of Grand Coulee. all the photos I have here are from the downstream side of the dam. Upstream is Lake Roosevelt.



Not far downstream from the dam is a bridge. I walked out on the bridge to get a better view than I could get from shore and was thwarted by construction on the walkway on the side the bridge nearest the dam. So I went to the other side and made my panorama anyway, bridge and all.


High on the hill overlooking the river, is a view point where I could see the bridge I was just on, the dam and Lake Roosevelt. The city of Grand Coulee exists only because of the dam and it shows. Not much here except for that. And, of course, the beautiful farmland that surrounds it. But more on that later.


No comments:

Post a Comment

We enjoy hearing from our readers.