Pages

Sunday, November 17, 2019

Andrássy út and Szent István tér


After leaving Hősök tere and stopping for a bite of lunch, we had ourselves a stroll along Andrássy út to see the sights. Mostly, we saw lots of high-end shopping places that we had no business going into. But along the way we did see a few interesting doorways.



I alway wondered what it would be like to live in a place with huge statues out front.


Andrássy út ends at Bajcsy-Zsilinszky út, so we crossed the street and went around the corner to the square in front of St. Stephen's Basilica, Szent István tér. E did some window shopping while I, naturally, tested the local Starbucks for quality control purposes. I got in some time watching the tourists (glad we are one of those people).


Since I had already been to the Basilica twice, I just found a few interesting things around the outside to photograph.


Inside or out, I never fail to be impressed with this building.


Unlike the buildings maintained by the city at the other end of Andrássy út, this building is owned by folks with money and it is indeed well cared for.


No comments:

Post a Comment

We enjoy hearing from our readers.