Pages

Thursday, February 15, 2024

Mt SI - III

Along the edge of the creat we were hiking, stood a tree, bent from the wind and weather, holding for its life to the boulders on which it stands.

Once we reached the area of the peak, we could finally see across the valley where North Bend sits and see the mountains on the others side. As you can see, it is an overcast day (well, no surprise there, eh?) and fog lingers on the other hillsides.

This is the reward of the climb. Here, we see North Bend lying in a broad valley.

It is not a large town, but it sits at an important crossroads for this portion of the state. 

We were not alone here on the peak. Besides the other hikers, there was this little fellow keeping us company. I brought an apple for a snack and when I finished, I tossed my core to him when he gladly took for his own snack.

So, here's my money shot of the valley. Enjoy.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We enjoy hearing from our readers.