Pages

Wednesday, April 17, 2019

Along the Skykomish River


I made a visit to a city park in Monroe to have a look at the Skykomish River. This is a tributary of the Snohomish River that joins up between Monroe and Snohomish. With the cloudy sky portending rain, I have elected to make it a significant part of this image looking downstream.



Looking upstream, we find a bridge on WA 203 crossing the river. While this image give an impression of what I saw standing there, I found converting it to B&W to be more satisfying.


Lightening the foliage to give it a hint of the infrared look and making the sky more dramatic does a much better job of showing you how it felt to stand there. And isn't that what I'm supposed to do with photography?


No comments:

Post a Comment

We enjoy hearing from our readers.