Pages

Monday, June 24, 2024

Peruvian Racket-tail, Green Crowned Brilliant, Speckled Hummingbird

I know that I keep posting the same birds repeatedly, but this racket tail is one I especially like. It is so different from the sorts of hummers I'm used to seeing in the US.

The green crowned hummingbird is another frequent feeder.

This is the speckled hummingbird having a rest between feeding forays.

The bird facing you is the speckled hummer, but I am a bit flummoxed as to who the one with his back to us actually is. I suspect it is another green crowned hummer. The last image below is a green crowned and you will notice that there is a brown/rusty undertone in the green and perhaps from the back, this is the dominate head color.

Today, we end with another green crowned angling for food.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We enjoy hearing from our readers.