Pages

Sunday, September 16, 2018

Some Flowers


In between rain showers, we ventured out to one of the many nurseries in the area. This one, Flower World, has a large covered area filled with all sorts of flowers. I thought this would be a good place to test out the 10-24 mm lens on the X-H1 and see what I get.



As expected, the colors from the X-H1 are tremendous. I set the les to f8 and had at it. The ability to focus pretty close make it easy to get good shots of the flowers even without macro capability.


This decorative cabbage below is shot at 10 mm from only a foot or so away. While I might have gotten a technically better photo (sharper focus all the way into the corners, flatter plane of focus, etc.) I'd have needed a ladder with my Nikon and the 105 mm macro lens to put the camera in a location to get the same field of view (then I would not have needed macro, right?).


The color saturation continues to dazzle in all these images. I think the Fuji handles saturated yellows better than the Nikon.


The colors and clarity is quite pleasing to the eye. Remember, just because the rain had stopped for a bit, this does not mean that the skies were clear and sunny. These were all taken at pretty slow shutter speeds and rely on the image stabilization for sharpness. I think it all works quite well.


No comments:

Post a Comment

We enjoy hearing from our readers.