Pages

Wednesday, May 02, 2018

Nooksack Falls


While on my tour of the now deserted-for-the-season Mt. Baker Ski Resort, I found an odd bit off to one side of a parking lot. This small hut is located here beside a giant tree for reasons I cannot fathom. Perhaps people came up here to hunt in the summer 50 or 75 years ago. It certainly makes no sense now.

After seeing this curiosity, I headed down the mountain and found a turn out to see Nooksack Falls.



Since it was quite warm and stunningly sunny, and had been for days, the snow was melting at a prodigious rate. As a result, when I found he falls it was really roaring.


We traveled all over Australia and never saw a waterfall in the right seasons to see this much water flowing. This time, I hit the jackpot.


So that you can get a sense of what the fall were up to when I was there, here is a short video so you can see the moving water and hear the roar of it flowing over the falls.



At the bottom of the falls, the flow joins another stream flowing down the mountain to form the Nooksack River you've seen in the earlier postings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We enjoy hearing from our readers.