Pages

Thursday, June 15, 2017

Fun on the Road!

Some of you may have heard about the latest adventure: kidney stones!

Leaving Staunton and driving north towards Dulles, we planned to say a couple nights in a hotel so we could have space for organizing. On Sunday night, I starting getting the typical pains from kidney stones. This episode was bad enough to warrant a visit to the emergency room for pain control. We got back to the hotel about 2:00 AM for a bit of sleep before moving to the hotel located at the airport for our final night. The comparison is always made between kidney stones and childbirth. I'm pretty sure this one is at least 6 pounds.

After a couple days sleeping on morphine, I somehow ended up in northwest Arkansas. This morning we went to the a GP to consider getting more pain meds to be sure that I'm not on a 15 hour flight or 12 ferry ride writhing in pain. She recommend that I also get an ultrasound to be sure we know what is going on. Well, what is going on is kidney stones...everywhere. Just got to knock this episode down and make for another 6-8 months and I'll get friendly with a urologist in Seattle and get these things taken care of.

Now I need to just be careful that the airlines don't charge for extra baggage or carrying illegal items on board with me.

The most fun has been explaining to the medical profession that we don't really live anywhere, that we don't have a GP, that the emergency room on Sunday was in a different state and that the next one will be Australia.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We enjoy hearing from our readers.