Pages

Monday, March 27, 2017

Eagles and Gulls


Down the beach a bit from the house is a spot where there is a fairly wide beach. This morning I noticed that there were Bald Eagles outside our place and when I found them down the road, I went back to try to get a photo or two.

Of course, as soon as I got out of the car, they flew away. Nevertheless, I got a couple a good shots.

I also got a shot of a gull in flight. I got to watch as an eagle tried to catch a gull (not this one). The eagle was slower to accelerate and made wider slower turns and just couldn't catch the gull. He eventually gave up the chase and flew inland a few hundred yards to ride the thermals and rest.


Lots of entertainment if you just sit still for a while and watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We enjoy hearing from our readers.