Pages

Monday, August 22, 2016

Back when we were in the UK


As many of you know, we were in England in the spring of 2014. While there we visited Canterbury one day to see the cathedral and the town. As the sun was sinking, I was feeling the need to exercise my pixels and decided to make an HDR (High Dynamic Range) image of a rooftop and some clouds.




Fo those of you who are not familiar with the method, the idea is to take a series of shots with different apertures to correctly expose (with luck) all parts of the scene in some picture or other. Then, using software, the images are combined to give one image with everything exposed sensibly.

After blending the five images, straightening the roof and chimneys, and a few other minor tweaks, you get the image above. Between that trip and now I switched my image processing software from Apple's Aperture to Capture One and it has taken me some time to get back around to processing the HDR sets I took on that trip. Because using the HDR software with Capture One was something I had to figure out, I just kept putting it off.

Here's one from Edinburg showing how to recover detail in St. Giles Cathedral when there is a brightly lit window in an otherwise dark section.


How you enjoyed this little walk down memory lane.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We enjoy hearing from our readers.