Pages

Friday, June 24, 2016

Leaving Home 6.23.16


Yesterday, I planned to make a picture of us leaving the house while standing on the back porch, but the rain ruled that out. So we headed for the library where I could put the camera on the wet bar for support. And here we are, saying goodby to the house, collecting the sprits of our kitties to take with us, then hitting the road in the sometimes blinding rain.






We stopped in Lewisburg WVA for leg-stretch and a cup of coffee and there was, amazingly, a break in the near constant rain.

We stopped a couple more times but no place as pleasant as Lewisburg. We arrived safely at our hotel in the midst of a severe thunderstorm. There were warnings all over the news, and wind and water all over everything. The lightening was intense.

Walking out of the door the last time was hard, but being gone is good. Somehow neither of us miss going to work.

The news this morning of the Brexit is sending the markets into a frenzy. We have our fingers crossed that this won't keep our house from selling.

2 comments:

  1. Just catching up now on your blog. I didn't notice the comments option during Botswana, but I enjoyed those posts, especially seeing how your extended time there allowed you to immerse yourselves in the culture and daily life. I was in Namibia and I noticed similarities between the two countries. What a fun experience. And now you left Staunton! Before the day comes to walk out the door, it's easy to mostly be excited, but on that day it gets a little more sad and real, but how exciting it truly is that you're off on an adventure. I look forward to catching up on your first month away. Thanks for sharing! - JP

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can only imagine the rollercoaster of emotions you both have gone through with leaving Staunton. For me of course it's bittersweet. I love to read and see what you both are doing, yet miss you terribly. With your adventures-you both are rock stars in my book! Enough time has gone by to where I feel I can read more of your blog without missing you so much. Crazy huh! Hugs to you both! - K

    ReplyDelete

We enjoy hearing from our readers.