Pages

Saturday, January 23, 2016

A Bit of a Snow Storm

Our back deck, Saturday morning about 7:30.
So it has been snowing here - sometimes more, somethings less - since about 9:30 yesterday morning. I tried to keep about half of the back deck cleared most of the day so we could get out to feed the birds and basically just get out. What you see on the table above started accumulating about 2:-00-3:00 in the afternoon when we got tired of cleaning it off.

I did run the snow blower yesterday afternoon about 2:30 or so to keep things from getting crazy. Clearly I failed in that aim. I cannot now tell that I did anything in the driveway and it is deeper than it was when I plowed yesterday.

It is still (time now is 9:30 AM) snowing pretty hard out - big flakes and lots of them. I shoveled about a foot or a little more off the back deck this morning and after about an hour and a half, I had nearly two more inches.

I sitting here trying to work up the gumption to run the blower again and knock the top off of the driveway and sidewalks. We're told that it will be nearly 40 F tomorrow and it will all be ok. Eventually.

In just over a month, I will be in Maun, Botswana where it is in the low 90's every day. Anyone for seasons? Looking forward to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We enjoy hearing from our readers.