Pages

Thursday, May 03, 2018

Tulip Town


Leaving Mt. Baker, I drove west to catch I-5. This took me to Bellingham and then I turn south on the expressway. A short way south of Bellingham, I saw a cloud bank in front of me as I drove, clearly rolling in from the west. It was a combination of fog and cloud and seemed to cover everything. Indeed it did. From that point onward, I was in clouds for the next 5 days until the sun finally came out.

But a stop along the way at a tulip farm called Tulip Town not far from Mt. Vernon (about midway between Bellingham and Everett) once again brought a bit of sunshine into the day.



Even though I arrived after the tulips had reached their peak, it was still a glorious sight to see so many brightly colored flowers spread out across the field.


I have no idea what the names of the many colored tulips are, but I'm pretty sure we will have some in the yard by next spring.


They are massed in all sorts of colors.


Even in a delicate pink variety that would brighten any table.


The range of colors is quite bewildering.


These white-tipped ones are very nice.


There are varieties with jagged edges on the petals. This can make them appear to have teeth when viewed from a distance.


Nevertheless, red is a common color.


But there are several different yellows and a white/yellow mix.


Here, you begine to see the "toothed" effect of the jagged petals.


So many flowers to see.


The purple varieties were quite impressive.


On the way back from the fields, I passed a garden planted to show off the flowers in what I can only suppose was intended to be some sort of European style setting. You need to watch the video of it to see get the full effect. The music really did it for me.


No comments:

Post a Comment

We enjoy hearing from our readers.