Pages

Thursday, September 07, 2017

B&W Retrospective


Once in a while I feel the urge to see what looks good in B&W. So, I go back and find some images to reconsider. Here are some photos you've already seen in color and a few, like the one above from Hanging Rock that you've already seen in B&W.



You may recoll this image from our visit to Tasmania. This view of Petcheys Bay his was nice in color, but I think it works better this way.


Out near Warrak in Victoria, this field of sheep was framed by a dramatic sky making it good candidate for the monochrome treatment.


At Bunjil's cave on the edge of the Grampian mountains, the boulders strewn about make some interesting textured shapes to contrast with the straight lines of the shadows.


And most recently, the large pile of sand in the field neat Moolort Wetlands makes an interesting study in negative space. Although this is a photo of a big pile of dirt, it is framed by the huge sky filled with the varied abstract shapes of clouds.


The exercise of finding images that work in B&W is fun and helpful for me to improve my ability to see such images in the first place. I hope you enjoy this random adventure in monochrome as much as I.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We enjoy hearing from our readers.